• In 2011, my wife and I moved to Honolulu, Hawaii.
• I studied in the Department of Second Language Studies
at the University of Hawai’i at Mānoa from the fall of 2011 to the spring of 2014.
• I taught English for academic purposes
at the university’s Hawaii English Language Program from 2011 to 2014.
• I lived in Makiki, the neighborhood where
President Obama lived when he was growing up in Honolulu.
• I love the north shore of Oahu, Andy’s Sandwich Shop, Farmers Markets,
Heiau, Waikiki, Lyon Arboretum, Hanauma Bay (in the photograph below),
Makiki Valley, Maui, Leonard’s Malasadas, Kauai, the Big Island, Pidgin,
Lanikai Pillboxes Hike, Ukulele, the birds and trees of Hawaii, and
most of all — I love the people of Hawaii.